Wednesday, July 22, 2009

7/12/2009: Introducing...Harper Marie!


We went in at 7:30 this morning to be induced. They broke my water at 8:30 and after 10 hours and a NON-WORKING epidural, Harper Marie Morris arrived at 6:20 pm! She weighed 7lbs 10oz and 20 3/4 in long. I was instantly in love. Jon was amazing! I fully expected him to get light headed and need to take a break but he was at my side the entire time feeding me ice chips and rubbing my back. Even during the few scary moments with blood pressure problems and the realization that this was going to be a natural birth whether we wanted it to be or not he kept encouraging me and holding my hand. He even cut the cord. My mom and dad helped calm fears, wipe sweat and cheer me on. I could not have pushed her out through all of that pain with them all. Jon was head over heels the minute he met her. He could not put her down. All in all it was the best day of my life because I got to meet my beautiful daughter and all of the pain and tears was worth it because she is absolutely the best part of me. I am so lucky to be her mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment