Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ah, The Holidays






So much has gone on lately! This was Harper's first holiday season and it was so busy! At Thanksgiving I decided that it was important that I get inducted into the parent club so at midnight I was at Toys R Us, WITH EVERYONE ELSE IN FORT WORTH! It was crazy! The line was wrapped around the building and at that sight, I decided that it was unnecessary to fight that and that at 5 months old, Harper would not know the difference. I can wait until she actually asks for something before I fight the crowds! But I must say, shopping for her was soooo much fun! Jon and I decided that we wouldn't buy her very much this year and thank goodness we didn't! Between the two sets of grandparents and the aunts/uncles she made out like a bandit! I mean literally ahe got so many toys that during the holidays, we turned our office into a playroom! I am so glad that we did it though. It turned out so cute. I made curtains and matching dog beds (with much help from my mom of course!) and got a little table and chairs set to put in here and Harper loves her room! So it was all for good.
SHe learned how to sit on her own over the holidays which is very exciting for me. I am amazed at how fast she has grown! She is getting so big! She had her 6 month check up and she weighs 14 1/2 lbs and is 26 1/2 in long! She is smiling so much now and when she sees new people she smiles at them and then squeals with delight! She is such a social butterfly- Gee, I wonder where that came from :)
She is completely addicted to her Jumperoo! She sees it and squeals and reaches for it. It is so funny. I keep telling Jon that she is going to bounce instead of walk.
She also loves drinking out of a real cup. Any cup she sees she reaches for, and I have to say, she drinkd out of them great! She rarely spills anything on her. She also LOVES LOVES LOVES her puppies. She squeals and says "ooooooo" everytime they come across her path. Even mid-tantrum (yes, we have had a couple of those)she stops and is instantly transfixed by them. Very different story from the dogs perspective though. They will very sweetly let her "pet" them, which means her grabbing their ears, pulling their tail etc. for a split second and then they take off. Poor puppies. We are trying to teach "Pat them gently", but she doesn't even pat us gently!
Every day with her is a wonder and I have loved spending every day of the last 6 months with her. She is my amazing gift from Heaven and as I always say, I am so lucky to be her mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment