Thursday, September 17, 2009

I think it hurts Mommy more than it hurts Harper!

On Monday we went to the eye doctor and decided to do a tear duct probe. This involves sticking a probe up Harper's nose and forcing it through her tear duct- sounds horrific right? I handed her over to the doctor (because this is apparently a minor procedure which they do in office) and I went to the bathroom and cried. This took about two minutes, and when I walked out, they were looking for me to tell me they were done. Harper was lying in the nurse's arms whimpering, while mommy was bawling like a baby! I am sure the doctor was thinking, "Great, another high strung mommy." That night and the next day she seemed only slightly uncomfortable. She is so tough! On Wednesday she got her 2 month shots and last night began to run 103.3 temp! As if her week had not been bad enough we had to go back to the doctor this morning and she had to get her heel poked to draw blood. It looks like she had a reaction to her shots or a virus (very hard to tell which one). Whew! I don't know if I can take anymore, however, Harper keeps smiling through it all. She is such an amazing baby. Let's cross our fingers that next week goes better!

No comments:

Post a Comment