Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Look out Vogue, here I come!











At 4 weeks old Harper had her first photo shoot and she did great! She did not want to go to sleep, as usual. She was so good though and she only peed on the pillow once!




I cannot believe she is 8 weeks old now! Time is going by so fast. It is so bittersweet to see her grow. She is smiling at me all the time now. My favorite thing is to get her up in the mornings because as soon as she sees me she gives me a huge grin and it melts my heart. She loves to lay and kick her legs and be free to move. I spend a lot of time singing to her and the song that gets her smiling the most is Ice Ice Baby- I have no idea what made me sing it to her but she smiles and kicks everytime I sing it. Go figure. Every night we read books and she watches the pages and sits so quietly in my arms as we read. My mom said I was the same way.




We have had a rough couple of weeks with problems with her eye. She has had a clogged tear duct since birth and two weeks ago we started her on eye drops to clear an infection, however they did not work and her eye became very swollen and painful. We took her back in and had to put her on antibiotics by mouth that are very strong and upset her stomach quite a bit. These helped clear the major infection but a large knot was left under her eye. We saw the eye doctor last week and started some more eye drops. If these do not work then she will have to have surgery on her eye to remove the knot. I know that this is very minor compared to many of the things that other families have to face, however, she is my daughter and the thought of her going to surgery creates a knot in my stomach. My thoughts are consumed with prayers that I will not have to watch them wheel my little girl away from me to the operating room. If you are reading this, please take a moment to say a little prayer for her. Again, I know this is easily fixable and considered a minor procedure, but no matter how small it is, it is still surgery. I will update this after we see the eye doctor again and get a decision. For now, she is a happy little baby who loves crappy 80's music and is growing like a weed!

No comments:

Post a Comment